Sunday, May 25, 2008

Kids in Public!

Ok, so I had one of those "I can't believe this is my child" moments. We were at the grocery store today, trying to hurry of course because Aiden can shop for a total of 15 minutes before he is bored out of his mind! So we are almost done and as usual Aiden is trying to find something to pass the time. All of a sudden, in a VERY loud voice, he start yelling "Oh sh**" over and over again. "Oh, sh**, Oh, sh**, Oh, sh** mommy". So, every mother has read how you shouldn't make a big deal out of bad language or then they think it even funnier to say it again, but I'm in the middle of a busy grocery store. First I just tell him to not yell in the store. Well that doesn't work and he starts saying it even louder. By now I'm starting to get those "can't you control your child" looks from the other shoppers. Finally, after what seems like 10 minutes but was really only probably one, I remember I have a sucker in my pocket. The saving grace of candy! So I quickly open it up and he is now totally over the moment. I hurry up and get to the check out and as we're walking out to the car he looks up at me with his sweet little face and quietly says again "Oh sh** mommy", but this time it dawns on me he is saying "all set" as in "all done mommy?" Oh, life with a toddler. I wouldn't change it for the world!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

If he was saying "oh s**t" it would just prove that he's totally my grandson. Oh the other hand, he could have been telling you that he needed a fork! This totally makes me laugh. Great story.

The Grrr Reen Wall Duhs

Trent, Kristin, Aiden and Kaylen