Thursday, October 16, 2008

The trauma of becoming a big brother!

If you have been wondering, yes, I'm still pregnant. Our little girl can't decide when she wants to join us in this world. I have been having contractions daily, every 2-4 minutes, lasting hours on end. Each day they seem to get a bit more painful but just don't seem to want to flip the switch and put me into real labor. I just start to convince myself that "this could be it" and then the contractions start to fizzle out. I'll keep hanging in there, but I'm hoping this is a sign that she will be coming SOON!
We have, of course, been trying to ready Aiden as much as possible for his new big brother status. It's so hard to know if they really understand what is going on. At first Aiden was most excited about taking "baby sisser" to daycare. Finally one day I thought I better explain to him that the baby would still come home with us every night...she wouldn't STAY at daycare. I don't think he was quite getting the picture. His latest comment is how baby sisser is going to come out of mommy's belly. One day he said "baby sisser come out of mommy's belly, but we put her back in when she crying". So then we had to have the discussion that once she comes out, she stays out. Well, I think he's getting it but it is a little scary because yesterday at daycare Aiden was telling Mandy (the sitter) how baby sisser was coming out but she couldn't go back in and he started to cry. Poor kid. This is totally going to rock his world! None the less, he still seems excited for her to be here. Wish us luck!

No comments:

The Grrr Reen Wall Duhs

Trent, Kristin, Aiden and Kaylen