Thursday, November 20, 2008

Diggin Rocks

Yesterday, we were driving to town and passed the beet dump and a sugar beet truck headed to the factory. Aiden and I started talking about when he got to ride in the tractor with Grandpa Bill during beet harvest. I also told him how we dig up the beets and they go to the factory to make sugar. So really, Grandpa Bill grows sugar. Aiden piped up and said "No, Grandpa Bill grows rocks." At first, I was a little puzzled but then, after I thought about it, the beets do kind of look like rocks covered with dirt. So, the whole beet season, everytime Aiden went in the tractor he thought he was digging up a whole field of rocks. At lease he had fun doing it. I still can't convice Aiden that they aren't rocks. He says "the other tractors dig sugar beets but Papa Bill grows rocks...BIG rocks!"


No comments:

The Grrr Reen Wall Duhs

Trent, Kristin, Aiden and Kaylen