Friday, August 22, 2008

Comedy hour

Aiden has been more "2" then ever lately. We hear things like "don't look at me" or "don't talk to me" on a regular basis. One minute he's happy-go-lucky and the other he is mad at the world. Regardless of his ever changing mood swings, he still provides us with lots of comic releif. I thought I would share a few of his latest acts.

We got home from our busy day and going with the usual routine I started cooking some dinner, Trent was working on a few things around the house and Aiden was putting on his Oscar the Grouch routine. He kept insisting that he DID NOT want to eat dinner. I proceded to tell him we were having yummy roast beef with potatoes and carrots. He again scowled and said he was not eating. Alrighty then! He goes off and plays with his toys and 10 minutes later (mood change) he comes running into the kitchen all smiles and states "ready to eat ROAST BEAST now!" I think from now on we will always eat roast beast at our house. Too cute!

This other night, as it was nearing bedtime, I was flipping channels and Trent was reading the paper. Aiden was off in his own world playing with his beloved monster trucks. Trent piped up about some of the latest hot gossip in town to which I replied "Shut up! Are you serious" Aiden, being to the stage of hearing EVERYTHING, starts shouting "Shut up Daddy, Shut up!!!" Luckily all I said was shut up and not something worse! I guess we better start watching what we say!

So Aiden has never been much of a vegetable eater. It has been a struggle ever since I cracked the first jar of baby food. The other night we were eating dinner...some really good chicken and pasta salad. Aiden was picking through the contents of his plate, only eating the pasta and none of the peas and carrots. Trent proceeds to tell him the story of how Spiderman (his all time favorite action hero) got to be so strong-from eating all his "Power Peas". Trent takes a bite of his peas and then shows Aiden his bulging biceps. Aiden think about this a minute and then picks out one tiny pea, pops it in his mouth and says "I eat my power peas like spiderman and daddy" and shows us his muscles. Ever since then he keeps flexing his arms and growls "POWER PEAS"
(PS...Later I found out this is how Jeanne got Trent to eat his peas too. Power peas for everyone!)

No comments:

The Grrr Reen Wall Duhs

Trent, Kristin, Aiden and Kaylen