Monday, July 12, 2010

Aiden's first trip away from home

We went to Casper for the weekend to celebrate Sheridan's birthday. I love spending time with my family and letting all the cousins get together to have some fun! We had planned on coming home Sunday, but with a last minute change of plans, Aiden was invited to stay a few extra days for some quality cousin time! Of course I was hesitant to leave him, as he has never been that far away from home for that length of time without Trent or I with him. I thought surely he would be home sick just thinking of it and wouldn't want to stay, but I was wrong. I thought "As soon as we start packing up our stuff to go, he will change his mind". Wrong again! As we were driving home, I kept expecting a call saying he was upset and wanted us to turn around and go get him. WRONG!
We talked with him on the phone last night, and still no feelings of missing home. Trent, who didn't go to Casper with us, said "I thought you were going to come home and see me. I'm missing you". To which Aiden replied "Daaaddd, it's only a few days. You'll be fine". We couldn't help but laugh.
So, I'm a little sad that my boy is gone, but more sad that he doesn't miss me or want to come home! I guess that is life and one of the many blows to my ego that I will endure as my little boy continue to grow up. u little man!

1 comment:

Norm said...

He has been to busy to miss you:-), baseball Sunday (legion and then the backyard, golf and swimming on Monday and off to the parade today. He fell asleep twice yesterday as we were driving from place to place. Hopefully the Cox boys didn't corrupt him too much.

The Grrr Reen Wall Duhs

Trent, Kristin, Aiden and Kaylen