Thursday, July 1, 2010

The learning curve!

I keep saying that Kaylen is literally learning at least one new word a day. Sometimes I find it hard to remember all the things she can say, and I don't think others really believe me just how fast she is really picking up on it. So, I've decided to start blogging them! I love this stage; their little minds are like a sponge and pick up on everything that goes on around them. Really I think Kaylen is learning to talk so rapidly because Aiden quizzes her ALL THE TIME. Most every day, when we are driving to daycare, Aiden is in the back seat saying "Kaylen can you say....". Amazingly, she like this and she will at least try to say everything he asks her to say. So here are a few of her most recent words:

Shoes: "sues"
Juice: "sues" (sounds exactly like shoes - this gets very confusing)
Snack: "Sack"
Aiden: "A-e"
Peek-a-Boo: "Pee-Boo"
Elmo (she loves Elmo)
Elmo movie: "Elmo mooee" (also loves the elmo move - we watch ALOT)
Come on: "Cuh on"
Bike
Hat

These of course are in addition to the many words she has said for a while; Mama, Dada, Poppy, Papa, Nany, Nana, ball, dog, cat, cow, eyes, nose, mouth, book, Love You, night-night, hot (learned that one the hard way), no-no and many more. It is so fun to see her grow up!

1 comment:

kari said...

Isn't it fun to watch their minds work! Kieran has been the same way. All of a sudden in March, the vocabulary took off. And it is one-two new words a day too. And Kieran LOVES elmo too. I have no idea where he picked it up, since we didn't watch Elmo or have Elmo toys...but he now loves Elmo! And "Abba-Cabba" ;)

The Grrr Reen Wall Duhs

Trent, Kristin, Aiden and Kaylen